• Boiled potato mashed
• Green peas (frozen or fresh boiled)
• Green chilli 1 finely chopped
• Ginger 1 inch finely chopped or grated
• Fennel seeds 1 teaspoon dry roasted and coarsely crushed
• Coriander seeds 1 teaspoon dry roasted and coarsely crushed
• Cumin seeds ½teaspoon Dry roasted and coarsely crushed
• Oil 1 table spoon
• Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
• Dry mango powder ½ teaspoon
• Corriander powder ½teaspoon
• Black pepper powder ½teaspoon
• Asafoetida ¼teaspoon
• Salt to taste.
• Corriander leaves finely chopped
• White bread 4 to 6 slices
• Butter (room temperature)
• Sandwich maker
• To begin with, boil and mash the potatoes and keep them aside.
• Dry Roast the Corriander seeds, fennel seeds, and cumin seeds and coarsely crush them using mortar and pestle, keep them aside to cool off.
• Next, add some oil to a wok and saute the ginger and green chilli. Next, add the above crushed ingredients, sauté and later add the mashed potatoes and green peas.
• After this, add Asafoetida, red chilli powder, Corriander powder, dry mango powder, and black pepper powder along with salt. Mix well.
• Cover and cook for about 5 min.
• Turn off the stove and add finely chopped Corriander leaves.
• Allow the masala to cool down before preparing the sandwich. otherwise, the sandwich will be soggy.
• Spread butter on one side of all the breads. Add the prepared masala on a non-buttered side and cover it with another bread.
• Pre-heat your sandwich maker and cook it until crisp or golden brown.
• Serve hot with tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup along with hot chai / tea.
Sandwich with Samosa filling