• Leftover Idly/dosa batter roughly 2 cups
• Wheat flour 2 to 3 tbsp
• Water 1 cup or as required
• Onion – 1 small finely chopped
• Curry leaves – 1 sprig
• Green chillis – 2 finely chopped
• Oil for frying and tempering the batter
• Mustard seeds 1 tsp
• Urad dal – 1 tsp
• Asafoetida ¼ tsp
• Salt as needed
• To a Leftover Idly/dosa batter add the wheat flour and mix it well to remove the lumps.
• Next add one sprig of curry leaves, finely chopped green chilli and onion.
• Add a cup of water to loosen the batter. You may increase or decrease as per requirement. Ensure the batter is neither too thick nor too thin. Add salt and mix the batter and keep it aside.
• Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and urad dal and asafoetida. Add this tempering to the batter and mix well.
• Heat oil in a Paniyaram Pan (Refer to picture below) filling up at least ¾ of oil into each mould.
• And take a spoon of the batter into each of the moulds. Allow it to cook and use a fork or chopstick to flip each of the paniyaram and allow them to cook further or until they turn golden brown. Serve hot with sambar or tomato chutney.