• One potato chopped in small cubes
• Cauliflower cut into small flowers one cup
• Peas half cup
• Beans half cup
• Carrot chopped into small cubes half cup
• Onion one finely chopped
• Green chilli 2 slit
• Crushed Pepper powder half teaspoon
• Bay leaf one
• Cinnamon stick one small
• Cardamom 2 to 3
• Clove 2 to 3
• Coconut Milk close to 300 ml
• Coconut oil 2 table spoon for cooking
• Water as and if needed
• Heat the coconut oil in a wok and add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, clove along with slit green chilli.
• Next, add the chopped vegetables and sauté well and cover and cook until the vegetables cook completely.
• Sauté the veggies intermittently and if needed add ¼ cup water and cover and cook until the veggies are soft.
• Keep one cup thick and one cup thin coconut milk ready.
• Add the coconut milk to the cooked veggies simmer the stove and cover and cook for 5 min.
• Add pepper powder and Cardamom towards the end and turn off the stove.
• You may add half a teaspoon of garam masala if you need extra heat.
• Enjoy the vegetable stew with hot steaming rice and papad or with appam.
Simple Vegetable Stew