This yummy and tasty Gujrati dish has always been my all time favorite. I love all version of this as its steamed. Moreover, it has all flavors in just one bite. I recently came across the below healthier version of this not compromising on the taste of course. The original recipe is prepared using Chenna dal (split Bengal gram).There is also a famous quick version prepared with Gram flour along with Semolina. Do try out the below recipe, your sure to love it. 😋😋
- Quinoa – 1 cup, must be soaked in warm water for 2 hours.
- Moong Dal – 1/2 cup, must be soaked in warm water for 2 hours.
- Ginger – 1 Inch
- Green chilly – 2
- Butter Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Fruit Soda – 1tsp
- Oil – 1 table spoon.
- Mustard seeds – 1/2tsp
- curry leaves
- Green Chilly – one slit
- water 1/4 cup.
- Sugar 1/2 tsp.
- Lime Juice – 1tsp
- Finely chopped coriander leaves for Garnishing.
- Blend the soaked quinoa, moong dal, ginger green chilies with little water into a fine paste.
- Ensure not to add too much water while blending.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add the butter milk and whisk it properly to bring it to a batter consistency.
- Add salt and sugar to this batter, whisk again and then add fruit salt to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased mould and steam it for about 20 min or until its done. you may check by inserting a tooth pick, if it comes out clean then its done.
- Once done, allow it to cool completely to demould it.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard, once it splutters add green chilly, curry leaves. Sauté for a minute and add 1/4 cup water.
- Later, add sugar mix well and allow this to boil and turn it off.
- add 1 tsp of lime juice (you may add more or less as per your taste) to this tempered mixture.
- Pour this tempered mixture onto the dhokla and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Allow the dhokla to soak in all the flavors. Cut it and serve this yummy, healthy and tasty Dhokla with mint chutney.
Hope you love it. Drop your comments below!!! Happy eating everyone 😊