• Basmati Rice 1 cup
• Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon/shahi jeera
• Slit green chilli 2
• Onion sliced 1 big
• Bay leaf 1
• Clove 2
• Cardamom 3
• Cinnamon stick 1 big
• Ginger-garlic paste ½teaspoon
• Oil ¾ teaspoon
• Ghee ½ teaspoon
• Salt as needed
• Water 1 ½ cups
• Finely chopped Corriander Leaves for garnishing
• Wash and Soak 1 cup of Basmati Rice for half an hour before you start the below preparation.
• Heat a pan with oil and ghee and add Cumin seeds /shahi jeera(the smaller version of Cumin seeds), Cinnamon stick, Clove, Bayleaf, and Cardamom.
• Allow the flavour to blend with the oil and add slit green chilli and sliced onion to it.
• Sauté them well. Now add salt and ginger-garlic paste. Do not exceed the amount of ginger-garlic paste as we do not want it to overpower in taste.
• Turn off the stove and keep it aside.
• Grease your rice cooker with little oil and pour the sautéed Cumin and onion mixture into it
• Drain water from Basmati Rice and add it to the rice cooker. Add 1 ½ cups water and cook.
• Finally garnish with finely chopped Corriander leaves and serve hot with Dal Makhni, butter chicken, or any spicy gravy.
Jeera Rice using Rice Cooker