‘Necessity is the mother of invention’. As the saying goes, so did my necessity to learn to make pizza.
The beginning of pandemic days when all the restaurants & fast foods were closed, it was essential for me learn all of my son’s favourite foods to prepare at home. One such being Pizza. Although I found it challenging to kick it off, slowly but surely I learnt faster and easier methods to cook. With months of practice and preparation, now we have put an end to buying Pizza from outside and its only done at home and he loves it of course!
I always make an attempt to find an easy and efficient method of cooking and this quick Pizza recipe can be made in no time. No fermenting the dough, no yeast required, hence, no waiting time.
You can make a healthier version by adding any toppings that you prefer. Check out the recipe below and drop your comments!
• All purpose flour / wheat flour 2 cups
• Baking soda ½tsp
• Baking powder ½tsp
• Salt as needed
• Sugar ¼tsp
• Olive oil 1 tbsp
• Warm water for kneading the dough
• Pizza sauce
• Green Bell Peppers sliced ½ cup
• Red Bell Peppers sliced ½ cup
• One small onion sliced
• Cut black olives ¼ cup
• Jalapeños ¼ cup
• Mozzarella cheese grated
• Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
• Oregano powder (garnish)
• Chilli flakes (garnish)
• In a large bowl, add the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and olive oil and mix well.
• Knead the dough using warm water. Knead it for about 5 to 10 minutes to ensure it is soft.
• This method doesn’t need your dough to ferment, hence you can roll out your dough immediately.
• With the help of rolling pin roll the dough into a medium thickness. Poke the base with the help of a fork all over the base. Your base is now ready.
• Next, spread the pizza sauce evenly all over the base.
• Add all the veggies like Onion, Red and Green Bell Peppers, Olives, Jalapeños.
• Lastly add a generous amount of Mozzarella cheese all over.
• You may also add some grated parmesan cheese, however this is optional.
• Bake it in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 7 to 10 min or until its done.
• Once done sprinkle oregano and chilli flakes and serve hot.
Pizza Sauce Recipe.
• If you do not have Pizza sauce readily available then follow the below recipe.
• In a bowl mix 2 Tbsp ketchup and 1 Tsp siracha sauce, ½ Tsp Garlic powder and ½ tsp oregano powder ½tsp dry basil powder. Give it all a good mix your pizza sauce is ready.
• You may still prepare the base even if your garlic powder and dry basil leaves are missing. However these give additional flavour to your sauce.
• This pizza sauce recipe is for one base.