• Raw rice /Basmathi Rice /Jasmine Rice – 2 Cups
• Oil 1 tbspn
• Mustard 1 tspn
• Chenna Dal 1 tspn
• Peanuts 1 tspn
• Curry Leaves 1 sprig
• Dry Red Chilli 2 to 3 broken
• Coconut Milk (thick) 1 cup
• Salt as needed
• Water 2 cups
• Place a small pan on a stove keeping the flame in medium low heat.
• Add oil, once it heats include mustard seeds, chenna dal, Peanuts, dry red chilli and curry leaves
• Fry until the peanuts and chenna dal turn brown.
• Wash 2 cups of anyone variety of rice I mentioned in the ingredients, and add them to your rice cooker along with the tempering you just prepared.
• Include one cup thick coconut milk to it with 2 cups water and salt.
• If cooking in pressure cooker follow same procedure and cook for 2 whistle.
• Once cooked you may serve hot with onion chutney. Check for onion chutney recipe posted earlier.