Consuming salad all by itself in a traditional fashion can sometimes be boring for our taste buds. But the following recipe gives an amazing twist of adding the Indian flavours into the salad which gives you the zing you need. This recipe is a good mix of healthy and junk combined to make it a tad bit interesting.😋
• Papdi puri (available in all Indian shops)
• Sprouted green moong dal 1 cup
• Tomato 1 big finely chopped
• Onion 1 medium size finely chopped
• Cucumber 1 chopped to small pieces
• Green Chilly 1 finely chopped
• Juice of one lime
• Finely Chopped coriander leaves
• Cumin powder ¼ tsp.
• Coriander powder ¼ tsp.
• Kashmiri red chilli powder ½tspn
• Black salt ½tspn
• Chaat masala powder 1 tsp.
• Tamarind chutney (available in all Indian stores or can be made at home as well)
• Sev or plain Haldiram’s plain Aloo bujia, a handful
• Puffed Rice a handful(available in all Indian stores)
• Take a large bowl & add in the sprouted green moong, chopped tomato, onion, green chilly &cucumber.
• Now, add the coriander powder, cumin powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, black salt, chaat masala powder, lime juice and chopped coriander leaves.
• Alternatively, arrange a plate with 5 to 6 pcs of papdi puris.
• Top it with a generous amount of the prepared salad and 2 teaspoon of tamarind chutney.
• Now, over the tamarind chutney top the sev or plain aloo bujia along with a handful of puffed rice.
• Garnish with another spoonful of tamarind chutney on top of the puffed rice.
Follow the same procedure to prepare many more plates for your family & enjoy this amazing snack with your family! 😋
• The quantity of Papdi can be reduced or increased based on individual preference.
• You can include more of sprouted moong salad and add less of other garnishes to make it healthier.
• You may also add grated carrots, pomegranate seeds to make it more interesting.
• Green chilly can be avoided if required.
• Tamarind chutney can be prepared at home as well, however I used the store bought chutney.