- (Beaten Rice) Poha 1 cup (white or brown)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Mustard half teaspoon
- Chenna dal half teaspoon
- Curry leaves one sprig.
- Dry Red chille 2 or 3 broken into halves
- Asafoetida or Hing a pinch
- Fresh coconut: 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Wash and keep Poha damp, do not soak in water.. it should be kept just damp.
- For tadka or tempering add little oil to a pan, once oil is hot add mustard, chenna dal, hing, curry leaves, red chille.
- Now add the tadka or tempering to the damp poha along with fresh coconut.
- Now make it into small oval shaped balls and steam it in the idly vessel for just 3 to 5 min only.
- Eat with chutney, sambar or even with just plain curd.
- Preparation time not more than 20 min. Easy, healthy and very tasty recipe